How to lighten dark knees
In this article you will get some tips on how to lighten dark knees and dark spots on knees. A dark knee is a common skin pigmentation problem.
Causes of dark knees
There are many causes of dark knees, such as:
- Lack of proper skin care.
- Health related problems.
- Constant friction and wear and tear.
- Sun exposure.
- Hormonal changes.
In order to remove dark spots and pigmentation from your keens, try to make a proper skin care routine. Here are some tips on how to lighten dark knees:
- Try to exfoliate your knees by using a gentle- natural scrub.
- Regular exfoliation will definitely help in reducing the dark spots on knees.
- You can also make an exfoliating paste at home by mixing olive oil to half a cup of brown sugar to the consistency of toothpaste.
- Apply this paste on your knees and scrub the affected area, before shower.
- Exfoliation process is important for removing dead skin cells.
- Regular moisturizing is also essential for preventing dark knees.
- Try to choose a natural moisturizer that contains cocoa butter or Shea butter as main ingredients.
- Apply coconut oil or olive oil on your knees and elbows.
- Lemon is very effective in the treatment of hyper pigmentation.
- Rub lemon slice on your knees for approximately 10 minutes.
- Make a mixture of juice of 1 lemon with a cup of milk, warm this mixture.
- Dip a cloth in this milk bath and spread the cloth on your knees.
- Apply an Aloe Vera extract to the affected area.
- Cut the aloe leaf and rub the green fresh extract on your knees.
- Try to avoid sun exposure.
- Use a sun block with a minimum of SPF 30.