How to lighten skin tone
Uneven skin tone and dark patchy skin are the most common problems faced by many individuals. Hyper pigmentation is found in many forms such as in the form of freckles, age spots, blemishes, acne scars and the like. You can spend a lot of money on skin lightening products and treatments but, the truth is that these types of treatments and products are not safe for your overall health. There are safer methods that may be able to help you lighten your skin tone.
- Take vitamin C supplement on a regular basis the safest and natural method to get your vitamin c is to eat vitamin C rich food sources. Vitamin C helps reduce melamine and its production.
- Sun exposure is the biggest contributing factor for tanned skin, therefore, try to avoid prolonged sun exposure and do not forget to use a good quality sun block when exposing your skin to the sun.
- Exfoliate your skin – exfoliation is and important step of skin lightening process as, it helps remove the dead skin cells. By removing the dead skin cells not only do you allow the skin to regenerate you also cause it to lighten
Follow some tips on how to lighten skin tone:
- Apply an apple cider vinegar on affected areas at least 2 times a day, in order to improve your skin’s pH balance. Do not use it if your skin type is sensitive.
- Make a paste by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice + 1 teaspoon powdered milk+ 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this paste to the areas where you have hyper pigmentation. leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off. Repeat this process on a daily basis, until you see signs of improvement.
- Potato juice is loaded with many skin brightening and skin whitening properties. Apply potatoes to your skin in the form of a paste (mashed). Spread the paste across your skin, Let it dry, and then rinse it off with water. Repeat this process twice a day for several weeks, or until you achieve your desired results.
- Make a mixture by mixing 1 tablespoon gram flour + 2 teaspoon raw milk + 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture to your skin and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat the same process for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.