How to lighten skin at home
Lighten or whiten your skin at home is one of the safest and cheapest way to get fair skin complexion. It is really easy to treat skin related pigmentation problems like scars, freckles, age spots or skin discolorations with home based skin lightening treatments. Here are some tips and remedies on how to lighten your skin tone at home.
How to lighten skin tone at home
- Hydrogen peroxide is effective in the treatment of hyper pigmentation. Apply it to all the area of the skin you want to lighten or on a certain area by using a cotton ball.
- Buttermilk is a good source of lactic acid that helps exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin, dirt and excess oil. Apply it on your skin with a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
- Make a mixture by combining 1 teaspoon each of milk powder, lime juice and honey with 11/2 teaspoon of almond oil. Apply it on your face for at least 15 minutes and then wash away.
- Make another mixture by mixing oatmeal, curd and tomato juice. Apply it on your skin for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Apply potato juice to your skin.
- A mixture of dried orange peel and curd is also an effective skin lightening remedy. Apply is on your face for about 25 to 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Make a mixture by mixing turmeric powder and lime juice. Apply it on the face for 20 minutes. Use this remedy twice daily for several days.
- Soak 4 almonds in water overnight. In the morning grind and add enough milk to form a paste. Apply this resultant paste on your face and neck at night, before bed. Wash off with cold water in the morning.
- Application of fresh ground mint leaves paste is another effective skin lightening remedy.
- Mix ½ banana + 1 teaspoon honey + 2 teaspoons sour cream. Apply it on your face for about 30 minutes. Use a soft moist cloth to clean your face afterward.
- Combine equal amounts of milk and lemon juice. Apply it over your skin.
Some important tips:
- Make your diet menu healthy and balanced. Include vitamin C rich food sources in to your diet menu because vitamin C inhibits the excessive production of melanin so your skin tone will even out.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking six to eight glasses throughout the day.
- Stay away from oily fatty foods, fast foods and junk foods.
- Always apply a sunscreen when going out of home.